[Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2*
Register
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
    Gfx Artist

Array

[Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2*

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSTONERRR
    I want to know if you want the character modding to be released, or not.

~~~~SSSTONERRR~~~~
    You can release it.
    I am willing to help, but I am NOT going to do any modding for you. Do not ask how to open dd.exe, how to decomress, compress, or for modded weapons... i will ignore you!!

I am NOT responsible for any lost data, corrupted data, banned accounts/consoles, or sanity lost in the process of using the information below.

If you post this picture, or any tutorial incorporating this picture, or any modified pictures, please give me credit.

Code:

^additional information found would help the community and will be added when I get time, pm me additional info^

>>>Change you byte array to 00-0F if you are comparing your game save to Idlehands88's picture or mine!<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hero Information

The maximum positive Hex value is 7F FF FF FF is equivalent to 2,147,483,647

Here's a little help getting started with your Level/Skill Point modding.
    { (Level) x 4 } + 19 = Total Skill Points
    ...for example...
    (1,000,000 x 4) + 19 = 4,000,019
    Make sure to keep your Player stats, Abilities, and Tower stats combined UNDER your unique Total Skill Points, or your Character(s) that are over it WILL be RESET to level 0, and the amount of experience will decide what amount of Skill Points, maxing out at level 70 (299 Skill Points)

Keep your Tower Attack Speed low enough to keep your characters towers so they do not shot faster than .02 shots per second, it will nullify the Tower and make it as useful as a 'Magical Barricade'

~~~~Also take in to consideration, the HIGHER the level of your character and amount of skill points, the LONGER it will take your XBOX 360 to load your save (at 'Select Save Device')~~~~
    Load time for ONE character under level 2,500,000 is about 5-15 seconds. (depending on your USB/HDD/MU)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Color Information
    [For characters AND Weapon]
    When I say "in game" I mean when you can select your colors for your characters appearance.

Brightest (Edited in game) Color Hex is 3F 80 00 00
    Darkest (Edited in game) Color Hex is 3D CC CC CD
    ^This may not be exact depending on what color/location (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary) you are looking at, but will be close^
    Brightest (Mod-able [Tried]) Color Hex is 48 A0 00 00
    Darkest (Mod-able [Tried]) Color Hex is FF 80 00 00
    Bright Glow- 48 A0 00 00
    Bright, little/no Glow- 40 A0 00 00
    Black-3D 00 00 00 (or just put 00 00 00 00)
    Pitch Black- FF 80 00 00

**Yes- if you haven't noticed the "Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Glow" (float) Bytes actually do not affect the coloring/ intensity of the colors, they are simply a Place folder, or may as well be This is ALSO true in the case of weapons, the "Glow" effect is based off the intensity of the colors**

Knowing that the effective range of color is from 48 A0 00 00 to 3D 00 00 00 so if you want a different intensity to a color that is not listed you need to figure that out via "trial & error"

The colors you can make easily... (look at a color wheel)
    Red- Red only
    Green- Green only
    Blue- Blue only
    Yellow- Red + Green
    Purple- Red + Blue
    Cyan/Teal- Green + Blue
    Other colors are a combination of the 3 main colors in the game, and can be created via "trial & error"
    ^Just go and make a NEW character and make the color you want, then copy the color hex values to your weapon/another character^

Weapon information

If you are talking about the Default colors for a weapon (Example- a Pink "High Five" bought from the store) those colors are in the Primary and Secondary Colors (Int8) and range from 01 to 0A (as far as I know, it might be 0F)
    Download DD Character Modding v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?xj1aic5ksvyk1zc

Please take the time to read the comments before asking questions, you'd be surprised how much Information is talked about!

Pressing "Thanks" goes along way, whether I helped you personally, or just the information on my tutorial.
    See you on Dungeon Defenders!

""\_(`-`)_/"" SSSTONERRR ""\_(`-`)_/""
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 01-24-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4740 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

2. The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to SSSTONERRR For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Leetraw

Re: [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial

Good Tutorial Thanks Dude This Really Helped Me!

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Leetraw View Post
    Good Tutorial Thanks Dude This Really Helped Me!
    Yep no problem, if you got any questions message me on xbl
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4740 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Zalbrexyu

Thnks for all ur help bro both on here and online. really appreciate it hepled a ton great tutorial btw

Gfx Artist

Array

Updated picture- Primary, secondary, and tertiary colors/glows added

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

cyber7

Re: [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders- Character Modding Tutorial *v2*

".02 shots per second" , you mean 0.2 per second right? Ive tried with 00 00 01 FF and 00 00 02 FF for fire rate, but cant get it to go much faster than 0.2.., before that I had 00 7F FF FF :P and yeah, the towers were as useful as the apprentice magic barrier :P

got a hex code for max fire rate in your opinion?

Advertiser
    fire_smiley
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7 View Post
    ".02 shots per second" , you mean 0.2 per second right? Ive tried with 00 00 01 FF and 00 00 02 FF for fire rate, but cant get it to go much faster than 0.2.., before that I had 00 7F FF FF :P and yeah, the towers were as useful as the apprentice magic barrier :P

That is indeed what he meant, the towers fire rate can exceed 0.2 but any farther then that it will not function correctly as you said :)
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4560 || Posts : 32 || Thanks : 8 || Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7 View Post

I am talking about your in game attack speed (shots/second) of your towers, with the apprentice it is 17-18k attack speed (total attack speed including equipment) so for the apprentice it would be 00 00 42 68

EDIT- the apprentice can go to 50k shot/second, then after it breaks the towers, the squire is 15-18k attack speed
    Last edited by SSSTONERRR; 01-10-2012 at 02:03 AM.

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast