360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressing? - Page 3
Register

View Poll Results: Should it be released?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

13 61.90%
  • No, i don't think it would help much...

8 38.10%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CoNubCake

Re: Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressi

cmd. should be enough? but i know alot of people aren't command prompt savvy.
    Great work though. looks like a very user friendly tool!
    Thanked!!!

CoNubCake

Re: Dungeon Defenders- Should I upload a simple Interface for compressing/decompressi

Quote Originally Posted by SSSTONERRR View Post
    Ps- we are part of a modding community, not a hoarding community
    You tell him SSSTONERRR

XboxRainbowMods

lol awesome, I saw your prog on timetoown yesterday when I was helping him with teamview. Good job. I still say a windows CP shortcut execution is the easiest way... double click and done.. lol :P

Last edited by XboxRainbowMods; 05-12-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Gfx Artist

Array

true, but not alot of people can create those shortcuts easily, that's why i made made and release it lol
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4775 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

XboxRainbowMods

here.. for windows users make a text document with notepad and put in:
    TITLE DUNGEON DEFENDER SAVE COMPILE
    dd.exe -c save.decompressed DunDefHeroes.dun

Then save as a .bat extension.. place all content in the same folder.. double click (or single click depending) your new bat file. and presto... done.
    That will run fairchild's tool if you named your decompressed file save.decompressed (obviously change name to what you used)

And for the same thing but to decompress:
    TITLE DUNGEON DEFENDER SAVE DECOMPILE
    dd.exe -d DunDefHeroes.dun save.decompressed

It's that easy... simply a text document renamed to .bat..

:)

Last edited by XboxRainbowMods; 05-12-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by RareModsforyou View Post
    here.. for windows users make a text document with notepad and put in:
    TITLE DUNGEON DEFENDER SAVE COMPILE
    dd.exe -c save.decompressed DunDefHeroes.dun

Then save as a .bat extension.. place all content in the same folder.. double click (or single click depending) your new bat file. and presto... done.
    That will run fairchild's tool if you named your decompressed file save.decompressed (obviously change name to what you used)

And for the same thing but to decompress:
    TITLE DUNGEON DEFENDER SAVE DECOMPILE
    dd.exe -d DunDefHeroes.dun save.decompressed

It's that easy... simply a text document renamed to .bat..

:)
    Was there a point to posting this comment? I have the .exe released. And you don't even need to create a .bat file, just follow the instructions in the .exe

Its not smart telling people to create .bat files if they don't know how to do it before hand, you can screw up your computer/labtop if you input the wrong commands.

You also left out some key steps for the .bat to work correctly, or even be saved as a .bat correctly.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4775 || Posts : 157 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 133 Times in 31 Posts

-Gamertag- SSSTONERRR

Goal:

XboxRainbowMods

You also left out some key steps for the .bat to work correctly, or even be saved as a .bat correctly.
    It works just fine. I use that same .bat and rename the *.decompressed file info whenever needed.

Was there a point to posting this comment?
    Yes of course or I wouldn't have posted the information.

Its not smart telling people to create .bat files if they don't know how to do it before hand, you can screw up your computer/labtop if you input the wrong commands.
    There's multiple fallacies in that statement including a hasty generalization, slothful induction, exclusion, and conflicting conditions.

It's perfectly considerate and opposite of "not smart" to explain the generally very simple procedure to make a .bat command for windows users.

And if someone doesn't know how to make a .bat, the information I shared will teach them how to make a .bat

As far as screwing up a windows PC with a .bat file, the command line info I left does not do that.. in fact there is less risk in a .bat than an .exe based on the fact anyone can see the code being executed in a .bat but not always in a .exe container.

As far as the "wrong commands" you are alluding to, it would be helpful when making an argument to share what those commands are so people could be informed on what to be cautious of.

And finally, the manner in which you have been rebutting my posts is both inappropriate and inadequate. Whatever your issue with me is, I would ask that you would let it go. I don't have a quarrel with you and never did other than when you threatened me to not release the reverse codes. I let that go a while ago. And whatever offense you have against me, I'd ask that you'd let that go too. :) Much luv sent your way. <3

Last edited by XboxRainbowMods; 05-12-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123