360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
First Demon's Souls Sequel Details
Register
    VIP Member

Array

First Demon's Souls Sequel Details

The followup to From Software's critically acclaimed action RPG has been named Dark Souls.
    From Software's spiritual successor to the critically acclaimed medieval themed Demon's Souls was first announced at last year's Tokyo Game Show as "Project Dark." Today, we at long last have a followup courtesy of Japan's Weekly Famitsu.

The official name for the game is "Dark Souls." From will be publishing the game in Japan, exclusively on the PlayStation 3. Outside of Japan, the game will be an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 release, published by Namco Bandai. The release time frame was announced at TGS as 2011.

Dark Souls is just a "spiritual" sequel rather than an actual sequel. It has a completely different story and world, but retains many of the themes of its predecessor.

The basic RPG gameplay involving character creation, obtaining weapons and leveling up appear to be in place. But you'll now be adventuring in a fully seamless world, where you can venture to areas you see far in the distance. This differs from the original which had five worlds connected by a shrine hub.

Joining the vast world, we can look forward to a great number of weapon, magic and item types. All this promise to contribute to player freedom. And good thing, too, because it seems that From has actually upped the difficulty!

Online play will include both cooperative and competitive elements. The indirect online play of Demon's Souls will also return. You'll be able to see images of other players and leave messages for others. Some elements will not carry over, as Dark Souls will not have its own servers.

We'll hopefully be getting a more formal announcement of all these details from Namco Bandai's US offices shortly, so stay tuned for more!
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @
    nice info i like the first one
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Seron
    I very much enjoyed playing Demon's Souls. It was challenging, satisfying and rewarding all in one package. I'm currently liking the idea of this new one... Particularly this little piece of information: "The basic RPG gameplay involving character creation, obtaining weapons and leveling up appear to be in place. But you'll now be adventuring in a fully seamless world, where you can venture to areas you see far in the distance. This differs from the original which had five worlds connected by a shrine hub."

Array
    I also appreciate the info. It's going to be nice when more details are released. The first Demon's Souls was an amazing game.

eviljasonn
    I liked the first one so I'm sure I'll like this one also. Glad to see it will becoming to the 360 also