[Release] Chao Editor Redux
Register
Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Chao Editor Redux

NOTICE

I no longer own a 360, nor do I have the source code for this editor anymore. I also will no longer be (nor have I been for some time) working on or releasing any mods for the 360. Therefor, all of my editors are on permanent hiatus, including this one. I know I made a lot of grand promises with this editor, and now they will not be fulfilled, and for that I apologize.

To clarify, I am not leaving the modding scene entirely, as I plan to move on to modding the PS4 (quite possibly for this website if the scene is good for it). However, I will not be returning to the 360 modding scene in any large part. I am grateful for the admins for allowing me to remain a member despite my long absences, and I will continue to use that membership to help the community from time to time. Otherwise, I will no longer be working with the 360.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns, and I will do my best to address them as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID.

I do still have my hex workshop bookmarks for this editor, and will happily share them with anybody who wants them. Any developer that wants to carry on my work has my blessing. However, please give credit if you use my research to make a new editor, as I did put a LOT of time into it. http://www.mediafire.com/download/kx...o+Research.zip

VERSION 2.3

Chao Editor Redux is a save editor which edits the savedata.bin files found within Sonic Adventure 1 and 2's Chao saves. In order to use it, you will need to first extract savedata.bin from the main save. Load savedata.bin into the editor, change what you want edited, then click the Save button. If it's a Sonic Adventure 1 save, then that's it, you're good to go; if it's a Sonic Adventure 2 save, then you'll need to also load it into SA2C Hash Fixer and fix the hash. Once everything is all said and done, inject savedata.bin back into the save file, rehash/resign, then put it back on your USB/HDD and load it from the game menu. (Modio users read the notice at the end of my post.)

Now that SA2 functionality has been added, I will be updating this editor regularly. New functions will be added from time to time, so check often. Once all functions have been added, I will make a final update which will allow all 24 Chao in a save to be modded. Thank you for waiting patiently for SA2 compatibility, and for continuing to use my tools.

A word of advice. This editor can mod everything to its utmost maximum. The max stat achievable in-game is 3266 for each stat, but it can be modded to be as high as 65535. The game is not designed with values that high in mind, especially when it comes to races. Modding your fly, power, luck, and intelligence stats above a certain amount will cause some races to be unbeatable. Personally, I prefer to keep my stats around 3500; this avoids any issues with races.

Also, textures override colors. If you have a Chao that is both colored blue and textured gold, you will only see the gold. Model overrides everything.

Download Chao Editor Redux.zip.

Special thanks to feudalnate for PackageIO.
    Very special thanks to Dennis R for help writing the hash fixer.
    Very special thanks to MainMemory for providing the hash source and support throughout.
    Special thanks to Renegade for his help with the original editor.
    Thanks to Idlehands88 for helping with setting up ComboBoxes.

Change Log
    V0.1
    *First beta release.
    *Able to edit the five main stats of first Chao.

V0.2
    *Able to mod higher than 9999 (up to 65535).

V0.3
    *Added type changer.
    *Added color changer.
    *Added shiny toggle.
    *Added highlights toggle.
    *Added feet toggle (ghost Chao).
    *Added ball changer.

V0.4
    *Added tabs in preparation for 24 Chao.
    *Added eye and mouth changer (still testing values).
    *Added helmet and medal changer.

V0.5
    *Ability to mod second Chao.

v0.5.1
    *A few minor bug fixes.
    *Added 360Haven link to GUI.

v1.0
    *Official release.
    *Complete redesign from scratch.
    *Added a splash screen.
    *Prettied up the GUI with a background image.
    *Fixed a bug regarding unsigned integers. No longer returns "value too large" error.
    *Many small bug fixes, resulting in a much more stable build.
    *The editor now uses combo boxes instead of numbers. No more conversion charts!
    *No garbage code, making for a comparatively more compact file.
    *Added slots for the hidden stats (they don't do anything yet though).

v1.1
    *Error screen now pops up when attempting to load an invalid file.
    *Began work on ComboBoxes (needs fixes).
    *Added ability to mod type, model, ball, feet, shiny, and highlight.
    *Added space for color modding, though is currently not implemented.

v1.2
    *Fixed ComboBoxes, so now they work (thanks Idlehands88). No color modding yet...
    *Erased spot for personality modding (will implement it later once I'ver learned more).
    *Modding luck and personality work now. Still beta.
    *Added current version number to bottom-right of tool for easy reference.

v1.2.1
    *Editor no longer default "Type" to an egg.

v2.0
    *Added Sonic Adventure 2 support.
    *Renamed from "SA1 Chao Editor Redux" to simply "Chao Editor Redux".
    *The program now only edits the savedata/bin file within the save.
    *Added SA2C Hash Fixer, a seperate tool made to fix SA2's hash after modding.

v2.1
    *Color modding is now fully implimented.
    *Texture modding has been added. Textures override colors.

v2.1.1
    *Fixes to SA2 modding. Almost nothing worked, and now it is all fixed!

v2.2
    *Added eyes and mouth modding.
    *Started preparing for headgear, medal, and evolution modding.
    *Added default file name (savedata.bin) to load window.
    *Minor bug fixes.

v2.3 (current release)
    *Added headgear, medal, personality, mate readiness, abilities, animal features, and evolution progress modding.
    *Added happiness modding and combined it with reincarnation flag.
    *Added all 24 tabs for next update.
    *Made it so that the ASCII name of the chao appears in its tab.
    *Cleaned the code to make it easier to navigate. Won't be noticeable to users, but will make future updates much quicker and cleaner.

NOTICE:
    People have been reporting their saves getting corrupt after using the editor. One thing that I've noticed between them is that they all use Modio to rehash/resign their save, and switching to something else has almost always fixed the issue. Normally, I'd advise against Modio in any situation (specifically because it tends to cause problems like this). If you're getting a corrupt save and are using Modio, then switch to Horizon or Infinity.
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 08-09-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6843 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

2. The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Extorris
    Array

Re: {Release} Sonic Adventure Chao Editor

Congrats on your first editor dude :) Glad you got it working fine and dandy. Can't wait to see more from you.
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8140 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

another developer in the making, congrats Emerald i also look forward to see want you can do in the future :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24466 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Congrats on your first editor dude :) Glad you got it working fine and dandy. Can't wait to see more from you.
    I wouldn't have been able to get it to work without you. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    another developer in the making, congrats Emerald i also look forward to see want you can do in the future :)
    Thanks. Now that I've got the hang of it, I plan to continue making editors, especially for games that don't get much attention from modders.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6843 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

I might dedicate myself into getting into making editors and hopefully not back out this time on topic great work man keep it up!

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

It is scary to start. But, if you use VB, it gets extremely easy. I made this editor over the course of three days (and a lot of breaks in between) and I started with literally no knowledge of programming aside from how to hex edit. I got a bit of help along the way, and now I'm comfortable making an editor for any game with static values and no security. I'm sure you can do it if you try.

--Gamefaqs.com

Developer

Array

Way to go man. Keep up the good work.
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5884 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

Noctis Caelum

Good job...hope to see more from u

Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast