360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
The LEGENDARY Game Genie is making a comeback!
Register
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

The LEGENDARY Game Genie is making a comeback!

The most famous cheating device in video game history will make its triumphant return to the masses at this year's Consumer Electronics Show.

Hyperkin announced it will resurrect the long lost "Game Genie" as part of its lineup of video game accessories at the annual Las Vegas confab.

The game cheating cartridge first made famous in the 1990s by Galoob for the original Nintendo Entertainment System will work on the Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable. A downloadable version will also be available for the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS.

It not only will allow players to earn extra lives and unlimited ammo but will also be available as a "Save Guru" that can apply ridiculous cheats to games and allow for multiple save throughout several games.

With all the new electronics and gadgets CES 2012 in Las Vegas is going to be absolutely phenomenal. Best part? As the official broadcaster of the entire event, SPIKE is going to give viewers at home an All Access pass to see what goes behind the closed doors of CES 2012: exclusives, celebrities, special guests, and surprises that you won't find anywhere else - and it all starts on January 10.
    Source: http://www.spike.com/articles/2lsi88...eappear-at-ces (Spike)

Spike's Source: Codemasters/Camerica/Galoob (And Hyperkin, supposedly.)

http://myfacewhen.com/285/

This is un-FRICKIN'-believable! I never thought I would see the resurrection of my most favorite and beloved cheat device: The mother*bleep*in' GAME GENIE!!! Thanks goes to Mojobojo for sharing this wonderful and utterly shocking news with me.

As much as I would LOVE to see this on the mentioned consoles, I don't think it's going to be what we think it will be and I also don't think it will live or be compatible for very long on the above-mentioned consoles and handhelds, except for the Nintendo DS and 3DS. (Apparently, Nintendo is cheat-friendly with their handhelds...) This stuff will probably be patched ASAP...

Still, this news is nothing short of phenomenal...

This is also being reported on other websites and sources besides Spike as well.

This is quite interesting!

Your thoughts and opinions?

Discuss.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultimarok For This Useful Post:

perroflauta

Re: The LEGENDARY Game Genie is making a comeback!

That is friggin awesome, so many memories with the Genie when i was kid, so nostalgic

EDIT: SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH

4. The Following User Says Thank You to perroflauta For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

who would have thought this would come back, im definitely interested on how this will go, im hoping Sony turns cheat friendly but doubt it lol.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Quote Originally Posted by perroflauta View Post
    That is friggin awesome, so many memories with the Genie when i was kid, so nostalgic

EDIT: SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH
    I know exactly how you feel man! Same sentiments, dude. (Your English is not too bad. It only needs a few tweaks, but otherwise decent for a non-native speaker. Keep it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    who would have thought this would come back, im definitely interested on how this will go, im hoping Sony turns cheat friendly but doubt it lol.
    w0rd, man! Still trying to pick up the pieces of my brain that blew on the wall behind me. Whoo...

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Hmmmm. Don't get me wrong, I have some wonderful memories with the Game Genie (Super Mario World infinite star power FTW). But I also have some pretty crappy memories of it too (at a friend's house and get one-hit killed by his "secret" Hadouken). Cheat devices are fun and all, but I think they did good by dying out when online gaming got big.

Think of it this way. Say you don't know how to mod your save. I bet you'd be pretty stoked to have a device do it for you. Well that's the exact thought process of every other legit gamer, except they're gonna be taking that attitude online as well! If you thought modders online were annoying before, just wait until literally every gamer is now has OMG SUPA 1337 HAXORZ SKILZ!!!!1

Doesn't look good, does it? Kiss actual competitive gaming (the greatest part about connecting your system to the internet) goodbye. Every Pokémon battle will consist of 6 shiny Lv100 Arceus, every player in Brawl will have instant kill attacks, Halo will get instant Reclaimers (with auto-headshots), the list goes on. While seeing Game Genie does bring back some nostalgia, I think this is in the "bad thing" category.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Gahar21

Mind blowing man. Just amazing to see it back in play again. Thanks for post

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Hmmmm. Don't get me wrong, I have some wonderful memories with the Game Genie (Super Mario World infinite star power FTW). But I also have some pretty crappy memories of it too (at a friend's house and get one-hit killed by his "secret" Hadouken). Cheat devices are fun and all, but I think they did good by dying out when online gaming got big.

Think of it this way. Say you don't know how to mod your save. I bet you'd be pretty stoked to have a device do it for you. Well that's the exact thought process of every other legit gamer, except they're gonna be taking that attitude online as well! If you thought modders online were annoying before, just wait until literally every gamer is now has OMG SUPA 1337 HAXORZ SKILZ!!!!1

Doesn't look good, does it? Kiss actual competitive gaming (the greatest part about connecting your system to the internet) goodbye. Every Pokémon battle will consist of 6 shiny Lv100 Arceus, every player in Brawl will have instant kill attacks, Halo will get instant Reclaimers (with auto-headshots), the list goes on. While seeing Game Genie does bring back some nostalgia, I think this is in the "bad thing" category.
    I'm in agreeance, if the genie works even for online competitive play, it will ruin the nature of online gaming. I would hope to think that the developers are looking into the multiplayer aspect to find a way to disable cheats and remove "modded" items/ character etc (already implemented prior and new cheats) over the online network, Though the latter will obviously most likely won't happen.

The way I see it is if the game companies (Nintendo/ Sony) go along with this, they can limit it to SP only by adding "regulations" so to speak where the network reads the save and either denies or allows a player to play competitively depending on whether the particular save has got modded attributes due to the game genie.

Though as far as SP goes, bring it on, it will be interesting to see how well it goes with these new games and tech:)
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5600 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Agreed. This can easily be done by the developers leaving a flag spot in the game data for the Game Genie, and if a Game Genie is used for that game then the flag is tripped and achievements and online are disabled. They could have something great going with this system: developers agree not to patch the device, and Game Genie agrees not to release/allow a code that bypasses this flag. Now that would be something to celebrate.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast