360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Assassins Creed 3 to be set in The American Revolution?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    News Reporter

Array

Assassins Creed 3 to be set in The American Revolution?

Name:  assassinscreeddp.png
Views: 1576
Size:  308.9 KB
    The next Assassin's Creed is set to feature a new protagonist and switch setting to the American Revolution, a source close to the project has told CVG.

The exciting switch to the 18th century conflict will mark the series' 'biggest instalment yet', according to Ubisoft, and our insider indicates the game will be publicly showcased before the end of the company's fiscal year on March 31.

The American setting was first hinted in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's 'Da Vinci Disappearance' DLC, which drip-fed players a set of coordinates leading to New York state, USA.

Another hint featured in the ending of latest series entry, Revelations, when a futuristic globe hovered over the US (pictured).

Perhaps the biggest indication though came late last year, when a Ubisoft survey asked fans where they'd like to see Assassin's Creed go next. The options included, "The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution."

The setting of course opens up all kinds of historical crossover possibilities for the series, including encounters with George Washington, who according to Assassin's Creed lore is in possession of an Apple of Eden.

The third instalment is set to be a launch title on Wii U.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7295 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Assassins Creed 3 to be set in The American Revolution?

sounds pretty plausible (yes i can use big words lol), nice information shared longy, this game is going to be awesome cant wait :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24436 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Noctis Caelum

sounds interesting

Array

bullcrap! >_< damn u Ubi, u have ruined my chances to play as an Assassin in the Sengoku Japan, or even China =P that would be a ton better than the American Revolution, imho
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5283 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 88 Times in 28 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
    bullcrap! >_< damn u Ubi, u have ruined my chances to play as an Assassin in the Sengoku Japan, or even China =P that would be a ton better than the American Revolution, imho
    that is true but i would have definitely loved playing an assassin in the Sengoku Era of Japan would have been awesome, too bad XD
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24436 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    that is true but i would have definitely loved playing an assassin in the Sengoku Era of Japan would have been awesome, too bad XD
    Yes I was thinking the same JAPAN maybe some ninjas as the assassins

Haven Donator

Array

China would have definetly fitted in perfectly with the Assassin Creed story (China was essentially the world trade hub for centuries). Could have been based in or around the opium wars, where the guild has "knowledge" that the CHinese Government holds a piece of eden, using the Chinese belief of them being Celestial Beings and higher than everyone else this would fit perfectly. The Opium war could've been started by Templar politicians in an attempt to get that piece.

Thats how I could've seen China working, only way I could see Japan working though would be either right when the Meiji era began or during the Shimbara rebellion in 1638 (I think that was the date), as there the only real times you could say Templars would've held some influence in Japan as opposed to China.

Just throwing my two cents in, Though America also feels like it will work well, due to the religious beliefs they still held on to which fits the Templars nicely
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5574 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

You guys are talking about Japanese assassins and such. Has everybody completely forgotten the slew of games where you play as a Japanese Assassin, particularly the Tenchu series? I imagine a big reason they aren't doing it is because it's already been done before (to death, I might add).

Persoanlly, I'm really looking forward to the American Revolution.I wonder if your guy is gonna be on the side of America or Britain?
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6813 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast