360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Opinions on 3D
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on 3D

LordHex

Opinions on 3D

ok, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the whole 3D craze.... cool? Lame? Amazing? Fad?

Personally, I think the 3Ds is pretty impressive (I didn't until I played with it at E3), as are no glasses 3D displays, but the whole having to wear glasses to watch TV bothers me.... It's 2011.. where's my minority report type displays?

Hipolipolopigus
    I suppose it'll be the same as playing with an iPad. I thought that I'd hate it, but I loved flinging maps and stuff around with my whole hand. I'd really love to see an auto-stereoscopic screen, though. It's obviously not 10-feet-in-front-of-the-display holograms, but what IS it like? I need to go to the store and have a play some time :P

Array
    Twitter: @
    Quote Originally Posted by LordHex View Post
    ok, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the whole 3D craze.... cool? Lame? Amazing? Fad?

Personally, I think the 3Ds is pretty impressive (I didn't until I played with it at E3), as are no glasses 3D displays, but the whole having to wear glasses to watch TV bothers me.... It's 2011.. where's my minority report type displays?
    Emm call me a lame one guy =) But, i didnt see even a tiny bit of 3D game or movie xD So, i think its lame,coz i never seen it,yet)

Haven Donator

Array
    I feel it is just a fad at this stage, a catch to swing in more money for companies.
    Sure it has been improved over a short time but to me it stills feels like a cheap attachment to as I said bring more money.

Though Granted I could see its technology being a superb asset for certain genres especially the horror genre. Like I could imagine it could add a whole new level to the genre seeing in, lets say Dead Space a creature jump right at you in 3D.

Though other than that I can't see it being implemented as standard any time soon.

Also if it does one day become standard they would have to implement something for those who can't see it (A person I know said she couldn't see no matter how many times she tried)
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5573 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    I think it is pretty cool but some 3d movies could be better or had no reason being 3d, cant wait until gaming turns like tron than that will be awesome
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    some 3d movies could be better or had no reason being 3D

Just on that, A lot of movies chucked in the 3D aspect at the last second unlike how Avatar was implementing 3D from the get go. It was just "hey lets get on the recent bandwagon of 3D, it will be a great way to get those extra ticket sales"
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5573 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
    Just on that, A lot of movies chucked in the 3D aspect at the last second unlike how Avatar was implementing 3D from the get go. It was just "hey lets get on the recent bandwagon of 3D, it will be a great way to get those extra ticket sales"
    Thats true hope they actually try to make a awesome 3d movie instead of just trying to get more money by adding cheap 3d, probably not going to happen,lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

LordHex
    3D was the death of Spider-Man 4.... Sam Raimi said "F YOU!" to Sony when they demanded the movie be 3D and be released in 2011. Raimi said that it would take too long and too many changes to make it a good 3D film and rolled out on the picture... Sony said "oh wel" and decided to start a "reboot" of the whole movie series. L A M E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast