360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Japanese lab invents Internet kissing machine
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Haven Donator

Array

Japanese lab invents Internet kissing machine

We admit to being sort of creeped out by this: A Japanese lab has created a device that may let let you "French kiss" someone over the Internet.

And by "kiss," we mean waggle your tongue on a plastic straw, thereby making another plastic straw waggle remotely on someone else's tongue.

Hot, huh?

Well, the folks at Tokyo's Kajimoto Laboratory say it's just the beginning of what could become a full-on person-to-person experience over the Internet.

The lab, part of The University of Electro-Communications, posted a video in which a researcher demonstrates the "Kiss Transmission Device." It's a motorized box that looks a little like a police Breathalyzer.

Watch the video of the "Kiss Transmission Device"

In the video, Nobuhiro Takahashi, a graduate student and researcher at the university, manipulates the plastic tube on one device with his tongue. A program stores the movements on a computer and then transmits them to another device, causing its tube to move -- presumably in someone else's mouth.

The idea is to help lovers -- in long-distance relationships, say -- by transmitting the tactile sensation of kissing from one person to another. The lab is running both devices on the same computer, but says a system could be set up to connect them via the Web.

"Kiss information" can be recorded and replayed, presumably meaning someone could save and share a "kiss" over and over.

"For example, if you have a popular entertainer use this device and record it, that could be hugely popular if you offer it to fans," Takahashi says. (Can you say, "Justin Bieber"?)

The researchers seem to realize that most people might not exactly find licking a plastic tube a suitable replacement for sucking face. But there are refinements on the way, they say.

"The elements of a kiss include the sense of taste, the manner of breathing and the moistness of the tongue," Takahashi said. "If we can re-create all of those, I think it will be a really powerful device."
    Source: CNN

ummm all i can say is wow, whats next a full blown sex machine
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5599 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Mister Epic
    What is this, I don't even...

Oh Japan! You so silly!

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    It's nice to see the earthquakes and floods haven't affected them too much. They got back to work developing silly devices rather quickly if you ask me.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6838 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Mister Epic
    You know... I have to ask: Where did you find stuff like this and why? :-P (Just kidding...)

Japan has always had some bizarre folks, that's for sure...

A guy that married a Nintendo DS or PSP video game character, another guy that takes his anime woman pillow out on dates, sleeps with it and crap and some other weird stuff you read in kotaku news.

I don't think I'll ever get or understand these people...

Oh well, at least they make great video games! (Most of the time...)

Extorris
    Array
    Uhhh....I really don't know what to say...

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @
    this was funny to read, lol the japanese and their funny ideas
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24461 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array

Re: Japanese lab invents Internet kissing machine

This is japan, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    i live here, and i love this crazy people.

i believe in a day, understand this people!!!!

Extorris
    Array

Re: Japanese lab invents Internet kissing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Kraizer View Post
    This is japan, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    i live here, and i love this crazy people.

i believe in a day, understand this people!!!!
    Lol you are crazy man, However in all seriousness, I believe we should get a 360Haven watermarked kissing machine :D So then we can all kiss each other on here :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast