360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Well now...Let's just say Sony are not exactly the "legal" type..
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extorris
    Array

Well now...Let's just say Sony are not exactly the "legal" type..

well known hacker i don’t want to reveal here had all the Sony PlayStation Network functions 100% decrypted as well as providing some nice info about how Sony dealing with PSN members privacy in their online servers.

Apparently, Sony server gathered everything they can from the PSN connected PS3 console. When i said everything, i meant it. Here, i make all the list of what they squeezed from the IRC chat logs conversation between the hackers.

*Sony monitors all messages over PSN.
    *All connected devices return values sent to Sony server returns TV, Firmware version, Firmware type, Console model
    *They also collects data in your USB attached device.
    *Credit card sent as plain text, example: creditCard.paymentMethodId=VISA&creditCard.holderN ame=Max&creditCard.cardNumber=4558254723658741&cre ditCard.expireYear=2012&creditCard.expireMonth=2&c reditCard.securityCode=214&creditCard.address.addr ess1=example street%2024%20&creditCard.address.city=city1%20&cr editCard.address.province=abc%20&creditCard.addres s.postalCode=12345%20
    *The best part of all, the list is stored online and updated when u login PSN and random.

But, that’s not all, with the PSN functions fully decrypted, this hacker can use the function to get all games, DLC, you name it, from PSN store without paying anything.

Wow, i am just speechless! We can really sue Sony for monitoring ALL data including our credit card info providing that we are connected to PSN, of course. Man, that is really big fail, as well as the PSN fail oh and the PS3 fail. Everything just FAIL, Sony!

You can read the IRC chat logs at the link below. We censored the names just to be safe

http://pastie.org/private/97oth9v5tspkiztwwdmnga

Edit - Here is also a PDF that some anonymous hackers have produced to share with the world, It's pretty interesting too.

PDF - http://demo.ovh.com/download/e1ae850...05ee20/psn.pdf
    Last edited by Renegade; 02-17-2011 at 05:52 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Hoshikage

Array
    No F*ing way :O. Now this is why Sony is sueing every ps hacker out there. They are worried now that Pandora's box is open.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8221 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Haven Donator
    Array
    God... i sooooooooooo can't wait for this to hit the News. :)
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5354 || Posts : 460 || Thanks : 80 || Thanked 152 Times in 65 Posts

I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Extorris
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    No F*ing way :O. Now this is why Sony is sueing every ps hacker out there. They are worried now that Pandora's box is open.
    Lol Doctor who, Season 5, Episode 12 XD

- Added interesting PDF to the main post.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    $20 says Microsoft and Nintendo are just as reckless. I mean, it's a lot like the Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky fiasco; every president gets a blowjob, just Bill got caught and lied about it, so he's the one that goes down in history as that guy. I think the same is happening to Sony.

Of course, I don't have any proof of this. It's just a feeling I'm getting is all. I guess because I don't really trust any game companies with my info.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Extorris
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    $20 says Microsoft and Nintendo are just as reckless. I mean, it's a lot like the Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky fiasco; every president gets a blowjob, just Bill got caught and lied about it, so he's the one that goes down in history as that guy. I think the same is happening to Sony.

Of course, I don't have any proof of this. It's just a feeling I'm getting is all. I guess because I don't really trust any game companies with my info.
    To be fair though, MS do encrypt stuff on their servers to be secure, Sony didn't even protect this stuff with an MD5 hash =/

Array
    How is this not legal in any way? Read the Terms of Service for PSN, it's all in there.

EDIT: Albeit it's kinda stupid that they don't encrypt any traffic.

Extorris
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceWulf View Post
    How is this not legal in any way? Read the Terms of Service for PSN, it's all in there.

EDIT: Albeit it's kinda stupid that they don't encrypt any traffic.
    The fact that they installed rootkits and stuff into the console firmware, Which is malicious, They done that without telling anyone, thinking people with average computing knowledge would have no idea what it is for and how it works. Read the PDF they address this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast