360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Your Best Modding Screwups That Ended Good
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    S.A.M. Modding Heaven

Array

Your Best Modding Screwups That Ended Good

If you are like me, you make A LOT of mistakes. Some are can make you really angry, but others can make your day.

For this thread post your best screw ups when you were modding a game for the Xbox 360.

I'll start off with a brand new one that just happened to me today.

I'm currently locating the offsets for the items in Record Of Agarest War for my save editor in S.A.M. While trying to find an offset for some of the items I accidentally edited the wrong value, and because of that I unlocked an item I didn't already have.

Another would be when I was locating the offsets for everybody in Record Of Agarest War, and edited the Movement for Leon. Still don't know how I was able to edit his, but because of that screw up, I now have 100 movement(meaning I can move anywhere on the map in a battle)

These are just a few I've made recently. Let me here yours, and don't worry we all make some stupid mistakes, but some are good and believe me I'm happy about that.
    Downloads : 15 || Uploads : 48 || Rep Power : 5460 || Posts : 450 || Thanks : 94 || Thanked 467 Times in 179 Posts

Editing, Dumping

This Nerd Won't Quit No Matter What

Haven Martial Arts God

Array
    well i think there are no such thing as screwups when it comes to modding save files
    because you can learn from every error you make ^-^
    but if you put it that way
    while i was looking for the offsets where i can edit item for my star ocean editor
    i accidentally found the offset for the story progress as well as the offset for the character affection ^-^
    and while i was looking for the offsets for the NIER editor i found out that i found the part where the endings were stored... well i figured that out after my savegame suddenly had the D ending flag ^-^'''

Extorris
    Array
    I wouldn't know where to start, I've had tons of weird screwups that led me to find interesting and useful offsets i would never have even looked for.

kelticterror1488
    well lets see just a few days ago i for got to put 3 of the files for black ops tu4 and i formatted my hdd so yea i kind of screw up alot

Extorris
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by kelticterror1488 View Post
    well lets see just a few days ago i for got to put 3 of the files for black ops tu4 and i formatted my hdd so yea i kind of screw up alot
    I think you mis-read the title lol, "Your best modding screw-ups that ended GOOD" That sucks dude, However i know the feeling.

S.A.M. Modding Heaven

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by kelticterror1488 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I think you mis-read the title lol, "Your best modding screw-ups that ended GOOD" That sucks dude, However i know the feeling.

As do I. I remeber spending 1 week downloading some anime w/ JDownloader. I go to delete the package from list, but I accidentally selected from disk. I was sooooo pissed. Good thing that came from it, would have to be it made me finally get a premium account on fileserve so I wouldn't have to keep putting in that bs capcha crap. Best 9 bucks I ever spent to, since then gotten over 90+ anime series completed all blue ray/dvd rips so they are uncensored XD. After my 1 month was up, I got another 6months, and I'm still loving it. Fu*k megaupload, and rapidshare deleating my uploads b/c of copyrights. I'm a Pirate and I'm proud of it.
    Downloads : 15 || Uploads : 48 || Rep Power : 5460 || Posts : 450 || Thanks : 94 || Thanked 467 Times in 179 Posts

Editing, Dumping

This Nerd Won't Quit No Matter What

Haven Martial Arts God

Array
    i think we are going a bit off topic here...
    but if you download anime... then torrents or irc are still you best options...
    if you don't need subs and still want the japanese dub then share would be you best choice ^-^

kelticterror1488
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    well good thing was i found out what was wrong with black ops lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast