360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Weapon carrying
Register

Thread: Weapon carrying

MountaindewM

Weapon carrying

I just read the ad on the site that says Front Site Firearms Training Institute and it got me thinking what everyone's thoughts are on the subject and what not. I know in Iowa we can carry now with a permit and I got mine in May but in states like Illinois it seems to be a even hard to buy a gun. What is everyone's thoughts.

News Reporter

Array

Re: Weapon carrying

I'm in UK so guns are a big no no here. Although I don't agree with been able to just walk the streets with one I think everyone should be able to keep one in their own home for protection.

Cant see it ever happening over here though, at the moment if an attacker breaks into your home and they get injured in any way (even through fault of their own) then your likely gonna end up getting the shit sued out of you. I think if someone unlawfully enters your house and is a potential threat to you and your family then you should be able to use any means necessary to tackle them. If they wind up dead then its their own fault.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by longy999 View Post
    I'm in UK so guns are a big no no here. Although I don't agree with been able to just walk the streets with one I think everyone should be able to keep one in their own home for protection.

Cant see it ever happening over here though, at the moment if an attacker breaks into your home and they get injured in any way (even through fault of their own) then your likely gonna end up getting the shit sued out of you. I think if someone unlawfully enters your house and is a potential threat to you and your family then you should be able to use any means necessary to tackle them. If they wind up dead then its their own fault.
    Then America is the place for you, my friend! I live in Texas, and if somebody breaks into your house here, it's possible to kill them and get off with a self defense plea.

We can buy most types of pistols, a few pump shotguns, and hunting-grade rifles. I also feel like people shouldn't be allowed to walk down the street with a gun in their pocket, but I think people should be allowed to own one (with permit, of course) in the privacy of their home, as well as allowed to use it to defend themselves and their family from harm.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Then America is the place for you, my friend! I live in Texas, and if somebody breaks into your house here, it's possible to kill them and get off with a self defense plea.

We can buy most types of pistols, a few pump shotguns, and hunting-grade rifles. I also feel like people shouldn't be allowed to walk down the street with a gun in their pocket, but I think people should be allowed to own one (with permit, of course) in the privacy of their home, as well as allowed to use it to defend themselves and their family from harm.
    It sounds like i should move to texas too, lol, but i think stick with my buster sword and bankai sword for protection from people who try to break in to my house and harm my family, but in alll seriousness i agree that people should be able to protect there family by any means necessary, even if it means u have to kill the person who is attacking u or your family.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post

umm i live in TX to and a guy did get sued for beating a man half to death for B&E yah its bullshit so here the train of thought dnt let the mother fuker live its a kill or be killed world do what you have to servive and for carrying guns around there is no need for it realy but im all for it

Haven Donator

Array

Australia's firearm laws are in my opinion to far, I've got my permit for any rifle up to I think .308 calliber and single shot shotguns, that was a pain but I'm now going for my pistol permit as we speak which requires membership of a pistol club, 5 mandatory shoots, and then hope you get accepted into the club, otherwise you can't attempt again for another 5 years (ludicrious if you ask me), then after all that you can't but anything until after 6 months, then you can but a air pistol or .22 pistol, then finally after another 6 months you can buy up to a .44
    This is the easy just for reference as I already hold my rifle permit it cuts out like half the shit you have to do.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5600 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by djinn1012 View Post
    umm i live in TX to and a guy did get sued for beating a man half to death for B&E
    Prolly 'cause he beat him HALF to death instead of all the way. Get it? Because a dead man can't sue! LOL (Okay, I'll stop now...)

It depends, really. If you have enough time to think about it (like beating on somebody for a few minutes) then most juries won't sympathize. But if it's a sudden death moment (like shooting an intruder without thinking, then telling the police that you thought he was going to kill you and/or your family) then you'll have a much stronger case. I've heard of more people getting off on self defense pleas than those who didn't, but it does swing both ways. Then there's the fact that (except Austin) Texas is a far right state, and the right LOVES the 2nd Amendment. I guess it just depends on the circumstances.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com