PDA

View Full Version : Please help DunDef hero modding

BpEoEnRg
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Char modding other then colors is all i have left to figure out. I've made a few char's and as test saves and leveled them to make the hero health and tower attack rate 8 (first and last to find where it starts and ends). One has 8 hero damage and speed along with tower damage and area. The other having 8 in the other stats to help pick out each one individually but, when I change any of the bytes to any value when I start the game my char level has returned to 0. Any ideas on how to help? I've figured out the color coding for the char's and two sets of two bytes side by side that can change the char's current level and the next set of bytes i think is the exp. gained since when I load the save it says level up available and has a different max with different values in that second set of bytes. If you know the char codding those could be good reference points to explain from.

Zaid
07-24-2012, 04:36 PM
You are gonna have to use some math to figure out how you are going to be distributing your stats. Use 3 Billion EXP for you Experience and then you can spend 12 Billion Skill Points towards your stats (Your level can be anything), this is where math comes in. Make sure you don't make your health too high, Id say using 10 Millions is more than enough (too high will get you killed during each build phase).

BpEoEnRg
07-25-2012, 02:16 AM
That wont work. Entering 05 f5 e1 00 for 3 Bill exp just puts you at -1 Mill. The highest I've gotten it is to 300 Mill without going into the negatives.

Idlehands88
07-25-2012, 02:22 AM
You are gonna have to use some math to figure out how you are going to be distributing your stats. Use 3 Billion EXP for you Experience and then you can spend 12 Billion Skill Points towards your stats (Your level can be anything), this is where math comes in. Make sure you don't make your health too high, Id say using 10 Millions is more than enough (too high will get you killed during each build phase).

2147483647 is the max you can set your EXP to (without going negative) 2147483647 = 7FFFFFFF (80000000 = -2147483647). Also you can just set your Stats to 1065353216 (3F800000) and you don't have to worry about EXP... Also if your Health is too high you ONLY die at the build phase if you HP is not at max (you can't use the Heal skill, but if you have a Fairy equipped then you'll be fine), you don't always die at the build phase...

BpEoEnRg
07-25-2012, 05:08 PM
2147483647 is the max you can set your EXP to (without going negative) 2147483647 = 7FFFFFFF (80000000 = -2147483647). Also you can just set your Stats to 1065353216 (3F800000) and you don't have to worry about EXP... Also if your Health is too high you ONLY die at the build phase if you HP is not at max (you can't use the Heal skill, but if you have a Fairy equipped then you'll be fine), you don't always die at the build phase...

Thanks, not that it helps right now but it will when I figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any value other then the exp gained that I change reverts my char to 0 (I can change my current level also but then you get no stat points anyway). I made a save with a level 0 char ready to level up to level 2 with no eq at all, I named it level 0 char. Then on the xbox I leveled him to level 2 putting 1 point into hero health and cast rate with the third point going into tower attack rate (to find the start and end of the hero stats and the end of the tower stats from there). Then I used the compare on the hexworkshop with one replacement and everything else matched just like I figured. I entered the values that you stated and still was reverted to level 0. I got teamviewr and have the hex workshop open with the save.decompreded that im testing on and the compare for the level 2 char save (closing the level 0 to save space since it's identical to level 2 with 00 for every value level 2 stays highlighted) open and matched up on the screen together. If you could just change the values to mod that char I could figure out what i was doing wrong and it shouldn't take you more then a few seconds. I would be greatfull enough to put your name on the weapons that i remod. I trade my stuff for other mods and remod them with my values completely changing them and renaming even the unrenamable ones to mine. http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=3249120/dungeon-defenders-modding.html has been my main refference to learning how to use a hex editor (where you did get a refference). After the previous post I started experimenting with the base calculator and have it figured out both ways.

I also have two mods that where traded to me cause they can't be sold and the compare shows no match. I would not mind knowing how to do this other then to fix them since no one I've meet enjoys this. The modder king also enters his damage value into areas that shouldn't be edited for those weapons any idea why? His are the two that can't be sold. I could let you get them if you wanted to check the coding in them.

BpEoEnRg
07-25-2012, 07:09 PM

Ok, what did you mean by there being math involved? Do you mean that I should find out how much hp one point into hero health gives each class and try to stay under that? Or math on where to find points to edit or replace with more bytes then where present?