PDA

View Full Version : Fable The Journey

jkipp82
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Just watched the trailer during microsoft key note speech. Its an on rails shooter. OMG it ruins the series thanks to kinect.

longy999
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
A Fable shooter? wtf?

One of my favourite series rapidly going down the pan. Oh well........

jkipp82
06-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Remember that dragon quest game that was on rails for the wii. Its the same thing you use your hands to cast magic on the beasts. I hope it bombs it is the most recent piece of crap I have ever seen. Now I am reminded why I made the switch to the ps3.

Emerald Lance
06-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Anybody remember Link's Crossbow Training? That's what's happening here; a grand fantasy world of 3D adventure through vast worlds, now shooting game stuck on rails and void of all the things that make the series as a whole appealing (in Fable's case, direct results from the player's actions, as well as a sense of freedom of action and of exploration of a huge world).

star^
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
For me Fable died after Fable (1). Fable 2 was OK, and Fable 3 i played just to check it out, never completed it :\

Mayunfive
06-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Judging from the demo that showed on E3, we can't explore the maps.
Its just disappointing Microsoft's E3 conference, and Sesame Street ?? WTF lol

XajNyne
06-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Just watched the trailer during microsoft key note speech. Its an on rails shooter. OMG it ruins the series thanks to kinect.

Ruined it indeed! Thanks for the heads up dude!

CloudStrife7x
06-12-2011, 04:38 PM
yeah the trailer made it look singular instead of open world, but maybe there are too modes one with the kinect and the other with a controller, i know just wishfull thinking, oh well

game0606
06-12-2011, 04:43 PM
so the new one that's coming out its only for kinect? yeah i wish this game was open world like fallout and not just stuck on the road and stuff

duckysempai
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I have to admit, this has just ruined fable for me :(

Captain Waddler Dee
06-23-2011, 09:56 PM
This is quite honestly disappointing news to hear. I have loved the Fable series since it's inception. I find that most games seem to lose their luster. Not to mention Kinect is the "new" thing. You're going to expect to see many popular titles try and shove a game onto it for a quick profit before it's popularity dies to that of a smoldering ember when they realize the Wii is better at motion movement games (Sorry, it just is). Not to mention that many people like me are old school. They prefer to sit in a recliner, grab a controller and a 2-Liter of their favorite soda, and game like no tomorrow on a lonely weekend instead of dancing like you're on a Dance Dance Revolution mat. Hopefully; the title will be pulled from development so the series can save face.

voidmage09
06-23-2011, 10:28 PM

lol i know what u are saying they mess up big time. that just me thinking. soon as i seen it new fable game then i found out it was for the kinect OMG WTF happed how could they do that.

diehard445
06-25-2011, 04:09 PM
fable the journey more fable coming out xP

Swiftus
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I have to congratulate Mr Molyneux for taking the Fable franchise and pissing on it from a great height. I can understand the potential of Kinect based games but this is not the way to do it in my opinion

xjgbxsinnist
06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
It's hard for me to even look at another fable after the release of the the third one, which was supposed to encompass and surpass the second...which in my opinion lacked a gripping enough story compaired to the original and also lacked in gameplay options. It seems with each installment that is released they feel they must remove aspects or just plain fail to deliver some aspects. Lets take the Amulet accessory in Fable 2 for Will users....love seeing the category and not being able to click it and modify it. Instead of patching these errors or holding off on the release date to fix these blunders they felt overly fat people running around would make a great game....why do all my fighter chicks have to look like a fat bull dyke? Now you say its a kinect shooter game?? .....Just kill off fable now and end this horendous excuse for a series...I fell in love with Fable the original and have yet to see another that even comes close.

TsubasaKowareta
09-14-2011, 04:39 AM
Whoa a shooter for Fable? :| They should remake Fable 1 for 360, I would really like to fight Jack again. . .-Nostalgia- T~T.

corporalsimon
09-17-2011, 03:17 PM
http://youtu.be/s2Q1dgegSIo

i'll buy it. played all 3, this might be fun.

EpicGlitch
09-17-2011, 03:50 PM
not sure i like the sound of this, i wish they would do fable 1 HD, its the only good fable IMO

jansons
09-17-2011, 09:33 PM
I thought fable 2 was decent, and i completed fable 3. It was ok. I never played the first fable but i would like to play it as an HD updated version. I fable shooter just sounds crazy even if it is just to support kinect.

deamon460
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Why do they have to F*** with a game series that doing so well.